Saturday, September 8, 2007

Tears

Quote of the Day: President George W. Bush
(RNS) “I've got God's shoulder to cry on. And I cry a lot. I do a lot of crying in this job. I'll bet I've shed more tears than you can count, as president. I'll shed some tomorrow.”
-- President George W. Bush, in an interview with journalist Robert Draper for his new book, “Dead Certain: The Presidency of George W. Bush.” Bush's comments were quoted by the Associated Press

Many of us are crying with you, President Bush, and we have been since this war began. The photograph yesterday used to advertise the HBO Special with James Gandolphini, ALIVE DAY MEMORIES, was heartbreaking. A soldier dressed in all of his medals, without any legs. Just some high tech prostheses, left in full view for millions to see...and ponder. The toll this war has taken on our troops and our nation is great. Any no matter what your politics, there is no arguing with that. Maybe God is crying, too.
A Note: I'll be traveling over the next few weeks, so entries may be spotty depending on time and availability. I'll do my best to keep up. Blessings+

No comments: